Do you have trouble figuring out what your main point should be in your talk? Are you unsure how to turn a talk into a 4-part retreat? Do you struggle with wondering whether you’re delivering your stories well?
I can help! I’ve been teaching webinars on Christian speaking for over a year now, and in just over a week I’m going to begin a brand new intensive learning opportunity: a 4-week webinar that is interactive, helpful, and highly practical.
October 27, November 3, November 10, November 17
In this 4-week course, we’ll meet every Wednesday at 9pm EST to walk through how to write your talk!
More in-depth than my Create Your Signature Talk webinar, this one will look in detail at how to craft a one-time talk, how to create a retreat package, how to integrate stories, how to deliver your talk well, and more! You’ll learn:
- What goes into an effective talk
- How to find your niche–what is the message you need to share?
- How to say your talk in one sentence
- How to incorporate humour and Scripture
- How to choose stories
- How to cut out unnecessary material or information
- How to deliver stories well–tightly, with humour, or with pathos
- How to create a 3 or 4 talk retreat package
- How to end strongly
As a webinar, you’ll be able to see me on video and hear me. But best of all, we’ll be able to interact!
This will be a HANDS-ON webinar, where we’ll work in groups to help you figure out your main message, brainstorm about stories you can use, and help you find your niche.
We’ll be able to provide feedback to one another so that at the end, you know what you’re going to say and how you’re going to say it!
And our last session will consist of everyone sharing a 2-3 minute anecdote, and then the rest of us critiquing. It sounds scary, but it’s one of the most helpful things I’ve ever seen done in a webinar. You’ll learn from others, and they’ll learn from you. We’ll divide into groups of 6, so it won’t be too overwhelming!
If you’ve ever taken my training, this will take you that one-step further. We’ll look more in detail at how to develop a talk, and you’ll also have the new opportunity to interact with others and get them to help you!
And the emphasis this time around will be on delivery–how can you deliver your stories well, your message well, and end well, so that people are pointed to God? How can you get rid of extraneous material, and only focus on the stuff that’s most important? How can you tell stories with punch?
What do you need?
- Your Wednesdays free, at 9 pm EST, October 27, November 3, November 10, and November 17. If you sign up late, you’ll get access to the recordings you’ve missed. And if you can’t make a class or two, you can watch it after the fact. But it will be so much better if you’re there live, and can participate!
- A computer with high speed internet access so you can watch the video
- A microphone and a webcam, if you want to participate in sharing an anecdote. If you don’t have a webcam, a microphone will also do. The webcam is for your benefit, so people can give more feedback.
I hope you can all join me! By the end of this webinar series, you should have your talk written, an outline for how to handle a retreat, and the confidence you need to deliver your stories well!
We’re a handfull of women who are engaged in God’s ministry to share His word. We can help each other. And I pray that this webinar series will help you, as you learn from each other, help each other, and feel more confidently that God is leading you in this direction.
I hope you can join me! Just go here for more information, or to sign up!